REQUIREMENTS, SAFETY, LANDING AREA
Join the community!
Skydive Chicago’s FB Fun Jumper Page.
Welcome to Skydive Chicago
The World’s Largest Skydiving Resort
If there is anything we can do to enhance your time with us please do not hesitate to ask a staff member. Our Goal is to provide you a customer experience that meets or exceeds your expectations.
Our facility provides disc golf, camping, swimming, fishing and other athletic recreations—we have combined skydiving with outdoor family fun. There are numerous picnic areas in perfect locations to watch America’s extreme sport.
As the director of Skydive Chicago®, the staff and I look forward to having you jump with us. Whether it is another championship or assisting you on your first jump, you can be assured Skydive Chicago® will remain the world’s premier skydiving center.
Rook Nelson, Director
Please note that the following is required when jumping with us:
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- You must be a current member of the USPA holding an ‘A’ license or higher.
- International jumpers must have USPA membership (temporary memberships available) and your country’s A-license equivalent or higher.
- You must have a current logbook. An electronic version such as a ProTrack will work as well.
- You must have a reserve packing card for each rig you wish to jump in-date per FAA 180-Day requirements.
- AAD’s ARE REQUIRED AT SKYDIVE CHICAGO.
2020 Jump Prices
- Lift Tickets (13,000) – $27.00 each
- Hop-n-pop (4,500) – $27.00 each
- Gear Rental – $40 per jump plus Lift Ticket
2020 Jump Packages:
- 100 Lift Ticket Package: $2,400 ($24 each) – Download Contract
- 50 Lift Ticket Package: $1,250 ($25 each) – Download Contract
- 25 Lift Ticket Package: $625 ($25 each) – Download Contract
- *Skydive Chicago® AFP Graduate 50 Lift Ticket Package: $1,150 ($23 each)
*Must be purchased within two weeks of graduating
2020 Unlimited Lift Package – Download Contract
Spaces Limited – Price Varies
- Monthly memberships include all the lifts you can do in the purchased calendar month.
- A limited number of 15 memberships per month will be sold.
- Membership Agreement must be submitted with payment to reserve your spot (Slot will not be reserved without payment).
- There are no refunds (unless injured).
- There is no double manifesting.
- Lifts must be from SDC aircraft (excludes Cessna 182; minimum of 1 SDC aircraft will be available daily).
- Monthly membership lifts cannot be added to the manifest after 5:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Must be a current, licensed skydiver.
2020 Unlimited Lift Pricing:
- Jump package tickets may only be used by the purchaser and cannot be transferred.
- Jump package tickets cannot be used for Boogie or Registration fees.
- Jump tickets can be used for full altitude or hop & pop jumps.
- All jump tickets and bonus vouchers must be used by November 24, 2019.
- Discounted jump rate is not locked in beyond the 50 jumps included in the package.
- See contract for refund policy.
Currency License Requirements
USPA A…………………………60-360 days
USPA B…………………………90-360 days
USPA C & D ………………….180-360 days
USPA license holders who have not made a freefall skydive within the preceding above mentioned days should participate in an appropriate ground briefing and make at least one jump under the supervision of a USPA instructional rating holder until demonstrating the ability to safely exercise the privileges of that license.
Currently Licensed skydivers that fall within the above mentioned timelines will need to do a Normal Currency Review with an approved coach. Please call ahead of time to assure coach availability. Cost: $125 (Does not include gear)
Those who fall outside these timelines (more than 360 days) will need to do a Long Lay off review with an AFP/AFF instructor. Please call ahead of time to assure instructor availability.
Landing Areas and Procedures
- Always a left hand pattern if altitude permits and can be done safely
Separated Landing area (Blue)
- Landing areas are separated by a line from the wind sock east until the taxi way. (refer to map)
- Main Landing area
- Less than 1000 jumps should land south of the line.
- Do not fly over the 1000+ jump area under 1000ft.
1000+ jumps and Tandem Landing Area (gold)
- If you do not have 1000 jumps, do not land here unless necessary for a safe landing.
- Very turbulent on East wind days
- High performance turns are allowed here. Low man has right away.
- Keep your eyes open. Please use extra caution while landing in this area
Swoop pond CLOSED (Purple)
- The Swoop Pond is permanently closed for swooping.
- Area surrounding the swoop pond can be used as an alternate landing area
- Do not walk across tarmac when coming back to the hangar.
Crossing the Runway
- Skydive Chicago is a private airport. Non-skydiving traffic is rare. Pilots should know skydiving is in progress. Still use caution when crossing the runway.
- Try to not cross the runway under 1000ft. On north landing days this is quite difficult. Be vigilant of traffic if crossing under 1000ft.
- Please do not fly under 1000ft at the end of the runways.
- If crossing the runway on foot, please look both ways on the runway and the horizons. If an aircraft is approaching you should be at least 20ft from the runway, contain your canopy, and take a knee so the pilot knows you see them.
- Landing direction is determined by jumpers in the loading area. Please be there on the 5 minute call to be informed of the landing direction.
- Follow the landing direction the load has pre-determined. Do not chase the windsock. A downwind or crosswind landing is far better than a canopy collision
- When multiple planes are flying, landing direction is set by staff. It is important that EVERYONE knows if the landing direction has changed.
Landing out and Hazards
Fox River (Red)
- Located EAST of the dropzone. (outlined in red)
- All banks surrounding the Fox River are NOT ideal for landing. They are uneven and forested, resulting in high turbulence.
- You should decide as early as possible (2000ft or higher) if you will not be able to land on this side of the river AND find an alternate landing area.
- If you must land east of the Fox River, safely fly yourself east towards HWY 71. Give yourself enough altitude to locate an open field for landing and turn into the wind. There are no roads or boats to pick you up between the Fox River and HWY 71. You will need to walk to HWY 71 for us to pick you up.
Horse Farm (Shaded Purple)
- Please avoid landing here if you can do so safely.
- Avoid the horses if you can do so safely
- If you must land at the Horse Farm, upon landing STAY PUT! DO NOT MOVE AROUND! We will come to pick you up. Startling the horses may result in the horse injuring themselves.
- These horses are VERY EXPENSIVE! Failure to follow the rules will result in a $350 fine, and you will be held financially responsible for any injuries to the horses and/or damage to the property.
Corn/Soy Bean Fields
- If you land in a corn/soy bean field be careful not to damage any plants. Follow the rows to the end of the field to exit.
- These fields are our neighbor’s livelihoods. Please be as careful as possible. If any significant damage occurs, please inform manifest so we can compensate the field owner appropriately.
Quarry (Light Blue)
- The quarry is located directly north of the dropzone. It is a large tan/grey spot.
- DO NOT land here!
High Voltage Power Lines (Yellow)
- These power lines are located to the north of the dropzone and run East/West.
- The height of the power lines is about 70 feet, and they carry high voltages.
- Turbulence may be caused at any time without warning. However, with proper knowledge and avoidance you can reduce the chances of having an incident due to turbulence.
- East wind days at Skydive Chicago tend to be the most turbulent. Wind coming off the bluff, trees, and hangar can cause undesirable landing conditions. However Skydive Chicago has a large landing area in which their are other locations to land that will not be affected as much.
- The map located to the right is just a guideline. The effects of turbulence may be prevalent outside the area presented on this map. Please use caution and make safe choices on where to land.
Experience Jumper Emergency Cutaway Training
Have questions about a particular malfunction or want to practice in a hanging harness. EJECT is a monthly emergency procedure refresher for licensed skydivers. Located downstairs in the AFP classroom. Starting at 7:30am. I will last as long t as everyone wants it too. No sign up is required. Practice cutting away on your own rig. Safety Day is everyday you put on the rig.